Friday, February 19, 2010

Photo Revivals

There's a great spot on the side of the 10 fwy where a huge fire took out a bunch of trees and all that's left are a bunch of blackened, charred tree skeletons. I decided to do a two part series photo shoot. Starting with the "dark side" of the project, if you will. During the editing process, most of the shots from this shoot were extremely disappointing and there wasn't much I could do to make them look the way I wanted. So, here are two of the ones that were salvageable. Still not very happy with either but like a photographer friend of mine, Nick, said,

"Do what-ever you can and that's it, nothing else you can do about it. The shoot is over. If they're not what you want them to be, try harder next time".

He's right. So, maybe the second part of this shoot will be better. Makeup, editing, style, hair, blah blah blah done by yours truly. I do like
the sort of "Alice in Wonderland" feel to this. I'm hoping to exploit that more in part 2. My model for part 1 of the shoot is Alicia Haro. Next part I'll be shooting with my best friend in the world, Lori Hammer. I'd like to do more shoots with more friends and family to help get me back in the mode of photographer so if you want to participate... pls, let me know :) I also spent some time at Amoeba in Los Angeles and was able to shoot Justin Townes Earle during his performance on Feb 10. I think the photo came out decent for what it was worth. Great performance too. I have some great ideas for upcoming photo projects with friends and a possible collaboration w/ my friend Carl, as well (when he gets some time ;D ). When I get money to spare, I'd love to invest in some long awaited better equipment but for now, I'll work with what I have. :) Been meaning to update this blog but just been preoccupied with getting out and reading and all that jazz. It's been nice getting back to my roots, though.

<33

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer!!

    our mutual friend Steve (Diabo) referred me to your blog to show me photos from your latest shoot~ I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the bw photo with the trees. It's just a GREAT fine art shot!!! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!

    -Liz

    ReplyDelete