Friday, September 3, 2010

Sometimes, the World Notices...

I have a story to tell. This is not a personal journal, this is an art journal, but it was such a significant experience in my life at the moment, I had to share.

I walked to the park by myself today. I brought a book I recently bought called, "Creative License: Giving Yourself Permission To Be The Artist You Are". It's one of the most brilliant and inspiring books that I've ever read. I sat in the park in the disgusting heat and just became absorbed in it. I read for about an hour and 25 minutes or so until I decided I should get something cool to drink. I walked to Starbucks, got a beverage, sat down and watched people for a bit. "Stop to learn, learn to stop", as the book says. After a bit, I got up and decided to go home. I walked a bit down the street, minding my own business when I saw this little old man approaching me. He must have been about 5'4 - 5'3, ethnic, gray hair peeking out from under a navy blue baseball cap, walked like a penguin, and was sporting a light blue and white striped t-shirt. I payed no attention, really. All of a sudden, he gently touched my arm and took me by serious surprise. I looked at him, probably in a very defensive manner, and he very kindly said,


"I can see the pain and sorrow in your eyes. Don't worry, it's ending soon. I promise."

And he went on his way without so much as even a second look. My heart was racing. I was so taken aback. I just stood there and stared. I was literally speechless. He left before I could muster anything out or even give a facial reaction beyond a gaping mouth or stunned look.

For that split second where he stared me in the eyes and said those words, I wanted to burst into tears & hug him with all that I was.

I wont ever forget him. Whoever you are... thank you.


<33

No comments:

Post a Comment